Windows 8.1 is the next big thing for Microsoft this year. And prior to its official full-version release, Microsoft has already released their Windows 8. 1 preview edition which can be downloaded and installed by anyone for free !
One of the significant feature that makes Windows 8.1 a big deal is the return of the “Start Button” which was one of the significant features of Windows.
However Microsoft removed the Start Button from their Windows 8 operating system, and because of popular demand the Start Button is featuring back in Windows 8.1.
As I said earlier, the Windows 8.1 preview edition is free and anyone can download it. But being a preview or Beta release, you may come across various bugs and other issues. So be prepared to face such issues.
Prerequisites : Download And Install Windows 8.1 Preview Edition On Your Computer
Here are few things you need to know before installing Windows 8.1 Preview:
- Before installing the Windows 8.1 preview operating system, make sure you create a backup of your existing operating system.
- Once Windows 8.1 preview version is installed, you’ll not have a “Return” option and hence you’ll have to re-install your previous operating system, which will wipe away all your data.
If you’re using Windows 8, then here’s how to create a USB recovery of your OS.
- As I mentioned in the beginning of this article, this is just a preview edition. Which is just released to give you an overview of what the Windows 8.1 experience is going to be.
- So you may come across various issues and bugs which is a common phenomenon for such releases.
- Microsoft may/may not disable the product key of this preview edition, once they release the stable version of Windows 8.1. So be careful to keep a backup of your old Operating System in an external drive.